When it comes to online poker, Canada has a lengthy and noteworthy history. This country’s gamblers made a major contribution to the large-scale poker boom at the dawn of the 21st century. The region remains a grade-A online poker destination and is the focus of many free and real-cash poker websites. If you’ve newly joined the domain of online poker, read below to learn where to practice for free in Canada and get acquainted with efficient winning tips from pro players.
Play-Money Online Poker – Canada’s Favorite Card Gambling For Free
Making your first steps in the online poker domain can be overwhelming and challenging. In the beginning, you should expect to lose way more than win. It’s often better to opt for free games to avoid the financial risks at this stage. Once you have a solid practical grasp of how the game works, you can switch to real-cash poker at small-stake tables.
Just like cash games, poker with no real stakes comes in many variations and formats. The two major formats are ring games and tournaments. The former are tables you’re free to join, rejoin after getting knocked out, and leave at any time. On the other hand, tournaments have specific starting times, a limited number of pre-registered participants, and no rejoining – once you’re out, you’re out for good.
Best Sites With Free Online Poker Canada Edition
The list of websites with free poker games available to Canadian players is fairly extensive. Here are the top online destinations with free multiplayer poker and high traffic:
- Zynga Poker.
These portals offer many free poker variations, strategic guides on how to get good at the game, various challenges and freeroll tournaments in different formats, as well as convenient socializing options.
How To Win Real Money At Online Poker Canada – Pro Tips And Strats
No one is born with poker talent. To succeed as a new player, you need to take good note of the profound winning strategies drawn-up by poker veterans.
- Selectiveness with your hands will pay off. Only go on with good hands – even if this means folding up to 85% of all your pre-flop hands. A below-average hand is likely to land you in trouble later on.
- Reasonable aggression is advised. Playing a decent hand, you need to raise in most cases. Professional players recommend raising 3x the Big Blind, and even more than that in online live poker. Such aggression makes you the betting lead and gives you control of the pot.
- Go against people who are worse at poker than you are. Finding opponents with lower skills is the best plan of action for winning in online poker Canada. They carry on with feeble pre-flop hands and lack aggression, making it easier for you to win.
- Keep your poker gambling within your bankroll. Seasoned players recommend going into a poker game with a bankroll of 20x the buy-in amount.
- Avoid high-stake games. In fact, if you’re just starting your cash poker journey, online tables with micro-stakes are the best option, as your mistakes won’t be too expensive.
With these pieces of strategic advice, your journey to great poker success will start on the right foot.